I work in way, to enable you to make positive changes or cope with a difficult time in your life.
In sessions, I use different counselling techniques, for example Person-Centred, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) based strategies and Motivational Interviewing. What matters most is that you feel comfortable and the sessions are tailored to you as an individual.
The sessions are discreet, confidential and in an environment where you will not be disturbed.
My one to one counselling service is available in Elgin and throughout Moray.
Synchronous online counselling: Is this for you/ there may be many reasons why you wish to access counselling this way? Mounting evidence have shown this can be as effective as face to face counselling, for some people. This can be accessed through various sources, for example Zoom, Whatsapp and Skype.
I currently practise sessions in a G.P Practice as well as working with other people in the community. In my other employment, I provide interim intensive one to one support to enable people to address their substance misuse. I also facilitate peer support groups where evidence-based tools are used to help people develop their own coping strategies; in their recovery from any addictive behaviour (including gambling and eating disorders).
I have had a varied career, including working with young adults to supporting older people in the community; whilst I have worked with people of all ages and from different backgrounds whilst serving in the Armed Forces. The different challenges I have faced, counselling training and experiences learned from others; have given me a valuable insight into understanding myself and how accessing a service can have a positive influence on an individual’s wellbeing.
My professional training includes:
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Peer Support facilitator for any addictions. This involves the use of cognitive behaviour therapy (C.B.T) based techniques.
- C.B.T Practitioner certificate of completion.
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training).
- Motivational interviewing.
- Mental Health First Aid
- W.R.A.P (Wellness Recovery Action Planning).
- On a regular basis I receive training from the Scottish Drugs Forum in all areas of Substance Misuse.
- Registered Managers Award in Health and Social Care Level 4
- H.N.C in Health and Social Care.
- S.V.Q 3 in Health and Social Care.